Volunteer to become a Water Monitor! Why should we care about water monitoring? Because we often have no idea what’s actually in the waters we drink, the streams we let our children and pets play in, or fish in on the weekends. Testing our local streams and rivers is the first step in understanding our waters’ impairments and making progress toward swimmable and fishable standards.
Learn more at:
You may also volunteer to set-up a meeting with your local Commissioners, host or table an event, write an Op-Ed piece, and more!
Click the “Become a Volunteer” button below to complete the volunteer form.
The Izaak Walton League MN Division is seeking a part time (20%) Administrative Assistant to assist the Director of the Upper Mississippi River Initiative in Duluth. The Upper Mississippi Initiative is a four-state project aimed at addressing water quality issues in the Upper Mississippi River Watershed. The program works with farmers, concerned landowners, government agencies and non-profits to achieve stewardship of our land and waters.
* This position reports directly to the Director of the Upper Mississippi River Initiative and will be assisting them in project organization and technical support.
* Responsibilities include: – Assisting the Program Director in communication with program partner groups and the Minnesota Division staff members. – Technological support including, but not limited to: organizing online project management platforms (google drive, basecamp, etc.), sending emails, scanning documents, organizing and streamlining existing communication practices, and updating social media accounts (Facebook and Instagram). – Tracking recent news and upcoming events related to the project. – Assisting with event logistics and coordination including, but not limited to: preparing power-point presentations, booking venues, coordination with event hosts, outreach for event attendance, etc. – Writing and sharing monthly progress reports as needed by Director. – Basic bookkeeping; tracking monthly expenses and reimbursements, filling out timesheets, etc. – Other duties as assigned by the UMRI Program Director.
* Applicants must have:
– Knowledge of social media platforms and best practices. – Excellent computer skills especially typing. – Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite. – Attention to detail and problem solving skills. – Strong organizational and planning skills. – Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work. – Ability to work alone with little supervision at times, and in team settings. – Strong written and verbal communication skills. – Work well with people and enjoy helping others.
* Preferred Qualities: – Familiarity with WordPress – Interest and background in sustainability and conservation preferred. – Experience working in Non-profit space. – Experience working with and coordinating among multiple stakeholders/partner groups.
– Experience with event planning and organization.
* Position location: Duluth, MN * Office hours are flexible and will be determined upon hiring * $15.00/ hr
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org